Türkçe'deki notlarım aşağıdadır (my notes in Turkish are below).
notes here refers to course lecture notes or other
so-called expository writing. I may blame my calculus teacher (about
whom I wrote a blog
article) for first giving me the idea that the best teachers create
their own textbooks. I do not necessarily agree with this any more, at
least not in all cases; but the fact remains that, in teaching a course,
I am usually not satisfied to follow anybody's textbook but my own.
Expository writing may be based on historical
research. It is possible that mathematical research—the
discovery of new theorems—may result; I cite my paper, monograph on Euclid's number theory,
arguing for a (more or less) new and (I think) better way of
understanding this theory.
In English (İngilizce’de)
- Finite Fields 2017 | 2016 (for a course at the Nesin Mathematics Village)
- Linear algebra notes (in html, for an undergraduate course, original in 2000)
- Groups and Rings, for a first-year graduate course.
- Foundations of Mathematical Practice (236 pages, size A5, September 24, 2010), for a first-year undergraduate course.
- Minimalist Set Theory (166+ pages, 2011), for a third-year undergraduate course.
- Recursion and Induction: Notes on Mathematical Logic and Model Theory (109 pages, size A4, September 17, 2008), for a fourth-year undergraduate course.
- Ultraproducts and nonstandard analysis (notes from several courses in Şirince)
- Elementary Number Theory (196 pages), originally for a third-year undergraduate course.
- Undecidability of C(T0,
T1) (version of April 4, 2017; 14 pages, size
The text is based on work of Kim and Roush and formed part of my 1997 doctoral thesis, which otherwise produced Function fields and elementary equivalence
- Topics related to the Compactness Theorem
- Istanbul Model Theory Seminar
- Morley's Categoricity Theorem
- Analytic Geometry, including
Conic Sections(as also above)
Abscissas and Ordinates(now published in the Journal of Humanistic Mathematics)
Analytic Geometry(part of which became
Abscissas and Ordinates)
- Geometry, including
Commensurability and Symmetry
From Euclid to Descartes
Çarpma yöntemleri (Facebook'a koyduğum resimler) // Multiplication methods (pictures I put on Facebook)