Travel (second index page)
The links here or on the previous page are arranged by year:
- January & February, in and around Washington, DC (Facebook photo
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden (January 28)
- National Gallery of Art (January 28)
- family photos (January 29)
- Freer Gallery of Art (February 2)
- Phillips Collection (February 3)
- Dumbarton Oaks Research Library and Collection (February 3)
- National Museum of Natural History (Dinosaurs) (February 4)
Hey hey, ho ho, Mubarak has got to go(February 4)
- Renwick Gallery (February 4)
- Renwick Gallery again (February 8)
- Smithsonian American Art Museum (February 8)
- May: Antalya (Facebook photo album)
- June 3–12. France (Paris, La Rochelle, Oléron: Facebook photo album)
- July 15–25. Altınova & Balıkesir (Facebook photo album)
- August 29–September 4 in Şirince. Some Facebook albums:
- September 13–October 4: Istanbul (Google photo album, 40 photos). We had just moved to Istanbul. There are pictures from our new flat and of our new neighborhood; also of the Istanbul Biennal at Istanbul Modern. Some photos are also found in the following separate albums.
- October 26: Notre Dame de Lourdes (Google photo album, 5 photos). A Georgian Catholic Church near our university building, founded in 1861.
- October 28: Way to work (Google photo album, 11 photos). One way I can walk to my university building.
- October 30: Sokollu Mehmet Paşa Camii (Google photo album, 13 photos). An Istanbul mosque by Sinan.
- October 26–November 4: Bomonti (Google photo album, 18 photos). The building and neighborhood where we work in Istanbul.
- November 1–4: Piyale Paşa mosque (Google photo album, 18 photos). An Istanbul mosque by Sinan.
- October 4–January 17: Şişli Mosque (Google photo album, 16 photos). Exterior, garden and surroundings of a 20th-century Istanbul mosque.
- October 30: Süleymaniye Mosque (Google photo album, 27 photos, with 3 more from April 29, 2012).
- January & February, in and around Washington, DC (Facebook photo albums):
- January 19: Hepimiz Hrantız (Google photo album of 19 photos on the fifth anniversary of his assassination)
- March–April: Istanbul Film Festival
- May: Antalya Algebra Days (May 16–20; not in Antalya, but on the Çeşme Peninsula beyond Izmir; Google photo album with commentary)
- July: Marmara Island (Dropbox photo folder)
- August–September: Iran
- February 2 (Saturday), Istanbul: February 2, 2013 (Google photo album of 86 photos of Sokollu Şehit Mehmet Paşa Camii, Istanbul University gateway, Beyazıt Tower, Kalenderhane Camii, Şehzade Complex, Aqueduct of Valens, Recaizade Mehmet Efendi Sıbyan Mektebi, Vefa Mosque, Molla Gürani Mosque, Bodrum Mosque, & Column of Constantine)
- February 17 (Sunday), Istanbul: Pulcheria & Marcian
- Febuary 24 (Sunday), Istanbul: Rüstem Paşa & Constantine Lips
- March 2 (Saturday), Istanbul: Mihrimah Sultan, Selim, ve ΘΕΟΤΟΚΟΣ ΠΑΜΜΑΚΑΡΙΣΤΟΣ
- Hoşköy (on the northern shore of the Sea of Marmara): March 9–11 (Google photo album)
- Şirince: Antalya Algebra Days XV, May 22–25
- Istanbul Gezi Park events:
- May 30: Occupy Istanbul Taksim Gezi Parkı (blog article with 10 photos)
- May 31: Police against all (blog article with 11 photos)
- June 1: May Day One Month Late (blog article with 49 photos)
- June 3: Gezi Parkı, Taksim, & İstiklal, 20-06-03 (Google photo album, 15 photos)
- June 4: Taksim, 2013.06.04 (Google photo album, 16 photos)
- June 6: Taksim 2013.06.06 (Google photo album, 14 photos)
Italy, June, 2013 (Google photo album of 98 photos from
Ravello—site of the meeting called
Model Theory, 2013—, Agropoli, and Naples)
- Washington, DC, and around:
- Şirince 2013 (Google photo album of 39 photos from summer school at the Nesin Mathematics Village, July 28–August 4)
- Diyarbakır, September, 2013 (Google album of 88 photographs on the occasion of the Turkish National Mathematics Symposium)
- Fener & Balat, November 16, 2013 (Google album of 25 photographs from within the old walls of Constantinople, near the Golden Horn)
- Burgazada, February (blog article)
- May Day (blog article, “Madness, Stupidity, or Evil?”)
- June in the New World (blog article)
- Foça (Phocaea), July, 2014 (Google photo album, 17 photos from July 11–13)
- Şirince 2014 (Blog article based on visit there, July 14–27)
- Istanbul, old city, August 10, 2014 (Google photo album, 21 photos from a wedding and then Fatih Camii, the Aqueduct of Valens, Şehzade Camii, & Kalenderhane Camii [former Byzantine church])
- Tbilisi, September 1–7, 2014 (Google photo album of 86 photographs on the occasion of the Caucasian Mathematics Conference)
- Şirince (January; blog article)
For later trips, until I add them here, see the tourism category of my blog.