Brief CV of Ayşe Berkman
Official Name: Ayşe Aslı Berkman Pierce
- Birth: 1 May 1971, Ankara
- BS & MS: Department of Mathematics, METU, 1992, 1995.
- PhD: Department of Mathematics, University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology, 1998.
- Birth: 1 May 1971, Ankara
- Between 1992-95 and 1998-2011: Mathematics Department, METU
- From 2011 on: Mathematics Department, Mimar Sinan University.
- MS Thesis: Algebraic Structures of Finite Morley Rank (Supervisor: Simon Thomas)
- PhD Thesis: Tame Groups of Finite Morley Rank (Supervisor: Alexandre Borovik)
- 'On Quasi and Psuedo Unipotent Groups', with C. Altseimer, Manchester Center for Pure Mathematics Preprint Series (1998).
- 'The Classical Involution Theorem for Groups of Finite Morley Rank', J. Algebra 243 (2001) 361-384.
- 'An Identification Theorem for Groups of Even Type', with A. Borovik, J. Algebra 266 (2003) 375-381.
- 'A Generic Identification Theorem for Groups of Finite Morley Rank', with A. Borovik, J. London Math. Soc. (2) 69 (2004) 14-26.
- 'On Groups with the Weak Wide Commensurable Property', with M. Kuzucuoğlu and E. Özyurt, Turkish J. Math. 29 (2005) 403-412.
- 'Centralizers of Involutions in Locally Finite-Simple Groups', with M. Kuzucuoğlu and E. Özyurt, Rend. Sem. Mat. Univ. Padova 118 (2007) 189-196.
- 'A Generic Identification Theorem for $L*$-Groups of Finite Morley Rank', with A. Borovik, J. Burdges and G. Cherlin, J. Algebra 319 (2008) 50-76.
- 'A Generic Identification Theorem for Groups of Finite Morley Rank, Revisited', with A. Borovik, preprint, 2011. arXiv link
- 'Groups of Finite Morley Rank with a Pseudoreflection Action', with A. Borovik, J. Algebra 368 (2012) 237-250.
- Antalya Algebra Days [since 1999]
- Turkish National Math Symposium [1999-2000]
- Cahit Arf Lectures [2002 - 2006, 2008]
- MODNET Antalya Conference 
- Cherlin Bayramı 
- Models and Groups, İstanbul [since 2012]
- BN-Pair 
- CMC-II 
- Basic Mathematics I-II, Calculus I-II, Calculus for Math Students I-II, Analytic Geometry, Fundamentals of Mathematics, Basic Algebraic Structures, Introductory Discrete Math, Calculus with Analytic Geometry, Calculus of Functions of Several Variables, Sayılar Kuramına Giriş, Öklid Geometrisine Giriş.
- Linear Algebra I-II, Honors Linear Algebra I-II, Basic Linear Algebra, Geometri ve Cebir, Sayılar Kuramı (İngilizce).
- Abstract Algebra, Field Extensions and Galois Theory, Elementary Number Theory, Set Theory, Graph Theory, Soyut Cebir.
- Introduction to Group Theory, Groups and Geometry, Rings and Modules, Geometric Algebra, Cebirde Seçme Konular II, Permütasyon Grupları, Geometrik Grup Teori.
- Graduate: Lie Algebras, Algebra I-II, Linear Algebraic Groups, Buildings and Classical Groups.
- Graduate Theses:
Yalçınkaya, 'Probabilistic recognition of
symplectic and orthogonal
groups', M.Sc. Thesis, METU, 2001.
Şükrü Yalçınkaya, `Black Box Groups and Related Group Theoretic
Constructions', Ph.D. Thesis, (Co-supervisor:
A. Borovik), METU, 2007.
- Pınar Uğurlu, 'Groups of finite Morley rank with a tight automorphism whose centralizer is pseudofinite', Ph.D. Thesis, (Co-supervisor: A. Borovik), METU, 2009.
- Şükrü Yalçınkaya, 'Probabilistic recognition of symplectic and orthogonal groups', M.Sc. Thesis, METU, 2001.
- Undergraduate Projects:
- Mehmet Aziz Yirik, 'Platon ve Arşimet Cisimleri', Güz 2012.
- Eda Kırımlı, 'Keskin 2-geçişli Grup Etkileri', Güz 2014.
- Miray Özge Öztürk, 'Simplektik Geometri', Güz 2014.
- Ayşegül Soğan, 'Hiperbolik Geometri', Bahar 2015.
- Görkem Kelebek-Uğurcan Eser, 'Banach-Tarski Paradoksu', Güz 2015.
- Ayşegül Soğan, 'Analitik Fonksiyonlar', Güz 2015.
- Müjde Deniz, 'Lamplighter Groups', Bahar 2016.
- Mert Can, 'Baumslag Solitar Groups', Güz 2016.
- Graduate Theses:
- Head of the Graduate Committee of METU Mathematics Department: 2000-2003
- Elected member of the Academic Board of the Faculty of Arts and Science in METU: 2003 - 2006
- Vice Chairperson of METU Mathematics Department: 2003 - 2004
- Model Theory and Applications Network (EU FP6 Marie Curie RTN), Turkey coordinator: Jan 2004 - Dec 2008
- Member of the Executive Board of the Mathematics Foundation: 2007 - 2009
- Elected member of the Executive Board of the METU Graduate School of Natural and Applied Sciences: 2009 - 2011
- Chair of the MSGSÜ Mathematics Department: 2011 - Present
- Elected member of the Executive Board of the MSGSÜ Graduate School: 2012 - 2015
- Member of the Executive Board of the Turkish Mathematical Society: 2012 - 2016
- Elected member of the Executive Board of the Faculty of Arts and Science in MSGSÜ: 2014 - Present
- Academical Advisor of the METU Student Math Club: 1998 - 2011
- Consultant to the Director of the METU Graduate School of Natural and Applied Sciences: 2004 - 2010
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Nesin Mathematics Village: 2007 - Present
- Elected member of the ASL Council: Jan 2009 - Dec 2011
Updated in February 2017.